Can the Xbox One Play Blu-ray Disc? That’s a good question. Microsoft does not offer the original Blu-ray player application in the Xbox One or 360 console, so it’s easy to ignore the need for Blu-ray playback. Actually, it all depends on the type of Xbox console that you have. In this post we will show you all you need to know about it, so you can start and play a Blu-ray disk on the Xbox One & 360 in a short time. [See also: Best Blu-ray player software for PC and Mac]
First of all, no one away from the fact that while the newer Xbox One (S / X) allows you to enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies by installing the Blu-Ray Player application from the store, the Xbox 360 console does not come with Blu support -Ray. This article will be divided into two parts and guide you through a way to play Blu-ray on Xbox 360 and one separately.
Most consoles in the Xbox One game system have Blu-ray discs and DVDs that can play; However, the disk played on the console must be from the same region as the console.
Onsole Model Available: Xbox One S Edition, Xbox One S All-Digital, and Xbox One X. The All-Digital Xbox One S edition and Xbox One serves as an entry-level product for those who want to take the eighth generation of Microsoft Gaming Systems.
However, only the Xbox One S and Xbox One X can play Blu-ray and DVD disks – this feature is not on the Xbox One All-Digital Edition due to lack of disk drive. Of course, if you have an original Xbox One model that is still in your ownership, you can also use it to play Blu-ray disks.
If you want to play Blu-ray disks and DVDs on compatible Xbox One consoles, you must set and install the Blu-Ray Player application on your Xbox One.
How to install the Blu-Ray Player application on your Xbox One
- Power on your Xbox ONE console and press the Xbox button on your controller to launch the menu. Then, select “Home.”
- Use your controller to scroll to the right until you are on the Xbox Store.
- In the type of “Blu-ray” search bar or “DVD Player” and select “Blu-Ray Player” application from the search results.
- Click on the “Blu-Ray Player” application to launch the application page, then click “Get” to download the application.
How to play blu-ray on your xbox one
- Power on your Xbox ONE console. Then, select Blu-ray or DVD disk and place it on your Xbox One disk drive.
- After you insert the disk into your console disk drive, the installed Blu-Ray Player application must automatically appear and start playing the disk.
- If necessary, you can enter the disk to your console and select the Blu-Ray Player application on your veranda screen, or launch it from your “My Game & Apps” folder.
The Xbox One from Microsoft is an excellent console for enjoying various games, but there is more to life than just video games. You are aware of things like TV and movies and things. Those items.
Sure, you may download programs for Netflix, YouTube, Twitch, and more, but what should you wish to kick it old-fashioned and pop in a DVD or Blu-ray disc?
Is it really possible to play Blu-ray movies on Xbox One?
Cut the long story short: YES
You will have to do a straightforward thing before actually being able to observe the movies — and you are likely to want an internet connection to complete the procedure.
To see Blu-ray movies in your Xbox One games button, you’ll need to do the following:
Head to the Xbox Store on your console
Look for the official Blu-ray Player app.
Once it finishes installing, you’re all set! Insert your Blu-ray disc into the Xbox Only and kick back with 13 hours of Lord of the Rings goodness. If you are looking for even more better quality, then the subsequent Xbox One models support Ultra HD Blu-ray for 4K playback. Your screen has to be capable of distributing this resolution to benefit, but you will find a variety of 4K monitors for the Xbox One X that could do the task. Bear in mind, and if you plan on taking your Xbox and are concerned about online access, you’ll need to get into the app before you go.